Today we are up to 22 territories total and find ourselves in second place behind our ally, Florida, who has 23 territories. Nebraska is in third place with 18 territories with Georgia Tech on their tails with 16 territories. Unfortunately, we did lose a little bit of ground in the northeast. We had planned on leaving those territories for Clemson to solely attack because of the precarious position they were in, but they had some poor luck for the third night in a row and find themselves in a similar spot today. We have some plans moving forward with Clemson to help them out. Elsewhere, Florida is doing great work in fighting Nebraska out west and keeping them fully occupied. Georgia Tech has made some great progress the last few days and has been able to devote much of their resources to the Buckeyes. Texas is doing the dirty work in the southeast by fighting back Nebraska and Alabama from Florida's base of operations to allow them to continue their rogue missions out west.
There are only 16 turns left in the game! So please remember to stay active for this home stretch. We have a very real shot at winning.
Announcement: Please don’t post your orders anywhere (mgoblog included). Other teams visit this blog in hopes of seeing what we will be doing, and it would be much better it if they were left in the dark. If you have a question about an assignment, try to ask it in general terms, instead of naming specific territories.
Steps To Play Every Day:
- Sign up for a reddit.com account if you don’t have one already
- Visit https://flair.redditcfb.com/ " go to “find by conference," click “FBS” then “Big 10” and finally “Michigan” to set yourself as a member of our team. Click “Update Flair” to set it.
- Visit https://michigancfbrisk.com/ and click “Get Order!”
- Click the blue chessboard beneath the logo that you’re meant to attack/defend to take you to the game.
- Scroll down, now, and on the right hand side of the screen, you will see the options that you can attack or defend. Click the school logo that you were assigned to
Do not ever attack any territory that is owned by one of our allies unless specifically told to do so in your orders. Our allies are Clemson, Florida, Georgia Tech, and Texas. If you get an order to attack an ally owned territory then it means we are coordinating with them, so it is acceptable. Otherwise, do not attack allied territories or defend territories that allies border please!
Make sure you aren't flagged as a bot
One potential issue with the influx of new users we had is that some players may have been flagged as a bot and therefore their actions may not be counting. If you are flagged as a bot you will see the image below on vote.redditcfb.com
If you are seeing that message follow the steps below, otherwise you can ignore this.
- Follow the link shown in the screenshot above and fill out the google form
- Wait at least one day for the text box to disappear. If it does disappear, you are all set.
- If the bot disclaimer message persists after one day, then message the mods of /r/cfbrisk directly. You can follow the link in step 4 below to do this in one easy click.
- Be patient as the mods of the game are busy and they are putting a lot of effort into running this thing.